Friday, April 15, 2011

Bloom Day - April 2011

Here's what's blooming in my garden today! Click on any of the links to view the profile for that plant and more photos.













Ananas bracteatus, Aechmea comata
Aechmea weilbachii, Ae. lueddemanniana
Canistropsis billbergioides, Neomea Strawberry
Neoregelia farinosa, Neo. Orange Crush
Neo. Tangerine, Quesnelia liboniana



If you are local to the Orlando area, visit the Seminole Bromeliad and Tropical Plant Sale this weekend, where most of the actual bromeliad plants pictured here will be for sale!















Impatiens, Ilex
Barleria, Malvaviscus
Hibiscus radiatus, Ruellia elegans
Lantana, Turnera



















Setcreasea, Cattley Guava
Bush Daisy, Russelia
Spiderwort, Shrimp plant
Shining jasmine, Cestrum aurantiacum








Bloom day is a monthly event hosted by May Dreams Gardens. Visit that blog to see what is blooming in gardens everywhere today.

4 comments:

BernieH said...

It's always terrific to pop in and see what's blooming in your garden on Bloom Day. Your Aechmea comata bloom is a beauty and I love your white Barleria.

Rebecca said...

Great way to share several blooms! Beautiful flowers and photos, thanks for sharing :)

Sara said...

Thank you Jim. I can barely have these beauties in my bathroom, let alone my garden. Jealousy is not pretty!

Steve Asbell said...

I think you have the coolest plants ever. By the way, I recently bought a dendrobium parishii and its flowers are giving my balcony this heavenly sweet aroma right now. Thanks for the help on the Quesmea bromeliad ID by the way! Let me know if you want a pup after they form.