Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bloom Day - 45 varieties!

Lots of beautiful blooms for the month of April!

First photo:
Cestrum aurantiacum, Lantana
Star jasmine, Bay laurel
Oxalis, Dianthus
Petunia, Pentas











Don Juan Rose, Walking Iris
Impatiens, Shrimp plant
Formosa azalea, Red Formosa
Camellia, Knock-Out Rose











Purple firespike, Mexican Caesalpinia
Bush daisy, Russelia
Kalanchoe, Brunfelsia
Spiderwort, Snow pea

















Pomegranate, Cherry of the Rio Grande
Macadamia, Pyracantha
Jaboticaba, Cattley Guava
Glycosmis, Elderberry













 Salvia lyrata, Venus' Looking Glass
Toadflax, Aloe zebrina
















 Aechmea lueddemanniana, Quesnelia liboniana
Aechmea Burgundy, Billgergia Foster's Striate
Aechmea distichantha, Billbergia Windii
















Quesnelia arvensis, Quesnelia quesneliana
Quesnelia testudo, Quesnelia liboniana
(I know I have that last one in here twice but it's one of my favorites!)
Thanks for viewing my blooms!
Check out Bloom Day every month in gardens all over the world at May Dreams Gardens!




9 comments:

A Garden of Threads said...

Beautiful blooms, show casing them as a mosaic is a great idea. I will remember that for next month. Have a great day.

Kimberly said...

Hi, Jim. Great photos for this bloom day! Good luck on your plant sale this weekend. I'd consider driving up if it weren't for so many local sales and events this weekend. Always let me know, though, as I could be tempted at any time to shoot up for the afternoon! :)

NanaK said...

So many absolutely gorgeous blooms! I wish I could come to your plant sale, but it's a bit far for me. I'm especially envious of your purple firespike bloom. Mine hasn't flowered for the last two years. It sets its buds in Dec. and then Jan. freezes it to the ground. It comes back, but alas, no blooms.

Carla said...

Beautiful Broms. My Billbergia Windii is just beginning to flower now. I just have a few so far. I need more room!

Larry said...

No shortage of bloom!! Excellent! Larry

BernieH said...

Your garden must be looking a picture right now ... so many lovely flowers.

RBell said...

See why you like the blossoms of that Quesnelia liboniana - gonna have to add that to my "gotta get" list.

Floridagirl said...

What a tremendous number of blooms for April! I can't believe your variety of bromeliads. Do you know where in CenFla I could find such variety in a nursery?

Melody said...

So many blooms to enjoy - you must be thrilled! Great way to showcase them too.