Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What's New

Lots of things are happening at a rapid pace in the garden now that spring is officially here.  Most of it doesn't warrant a post all by itself but it's still interesting just the same.



Figs are breaking dormancy and tiny little figs are already starting to form.












Persimmons are sending out new growth and flower buds at the same time.












The deciduous gingers are awakening as the soil warms up.
















Even the bananas that froze all the way to the ground are experiencing a rebirth.
















Many varieties of citrus are coming into bloom and filling the air with their sweet fragrance.














Tabebuias and azaleas are in full bloom with their vibrant colors.















Even the goldfish have emerged from hibernation and are busy breeding among the roots of floating aquatic plants.
Everyone knows it's spring!

3 comments:

NanaK said...

It is nice to see all these things returning. My fig tree is putting out leaves but I haven't noticed figs yet. It's my only fruit tree. I love seeing all your harvests.

Floridagirl said...

Isn't it wonderful to see our gardens waking up again?!! I'm seeing new leaves on everything in my garden...well, everything except the Barbados cherry. It appears quite dead. :`(

Ami said...

Love those goldfish! I guess those are not the wild ones?